Friday, March 27, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

Well its official we are busier than we have ever been. I got a note from my sweet little sister yesterday saying I should write a book of quotes so I thought I would write a few down:
1. Let silliness run wild today as you get in touch with your childish side.
2. Let the sun shine upon you today and chase all the cobwebs away.
3. Fear can ruin a perfectly good day
4. When your lost, look around you! Someone else is probably lost too!
5. May the sun shine down on you and cause you to laugh uncontrollably for an hour!

You know sometimes I look around and see the world is a beautiful place with many colors and sounds. Other days I can only see grey and hear nothing! So what do you do when the day is grey and you can not hear anything? I exercise, I think about my blessings and the gifts I have been given and slowly piece by pice the color returns and the world fills with sound. What do you do? You know its a choice. A choice to transcend sadness and believe in more than just what the world has to offer. It means believing that their is a purpose more important that the clothes you wear, the cars you drive and the things you own.  This gives me tremendous peace. 

I got a letter from my mom the other day that reminded me of patience. Of which I lack completely. Without patience think of everything you may be missing. Patience to wait for the sun to shine, patience to see what lessons will be learned today and patience to see what love can bring in a matter of time.  Patience to trust and see what happens instead of fearing the outcome.  Boy that can be hard, as women we want to control everything. We think that we can fix it all and protect everyone.  But guess what we can't. Children must grow and learn, husband must choose their path towards happiness, wives much choose their path towards joy, brother and sister's choose. 
I want to share a few phrases my boss at work wrote about me in my review:
"Your leadership efforts have built a strong operational infrastructure for your team and a sound developmental base for your leaders." And I thought what about my family, have I built a strong infrastructure in my family and a developmental base for my children? 
"You have set solid priorities for your team" Have I set solid priorities for my family? "Your team also remains well aligned with our building focus areas." Is my family aligned with the key principles of the gospel? "You are making a key difference each day." Do I make a key difference each day in my home? 
And I thought if my Heavenly Father was writing a review for me, what would he say? Interesting, huh?
As I write today I think I see the answers more clearly. I choose to find peace in this life, I choose to teach my children principals that will assist them in becoming righteous sons and daughters on God, I choose to love my husband unconditionally knowing we all have our opportunities and perfection is in the life to come.  I choose to be an active contributor in my commitment to self development because as I learn I have more to offer others.  
Life is a blessing and a gift... choose daily to learn and grow. Stretch and you will begin to expand your abilities. 
No matter how BUSY, BUSY, BUSY we are we can always find time to reflect on life and the choice to live, love and learn!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! I love that you take time to reflect upon life and all its crazy courses!!! I have a private blog, I will have to get your address and send you an invite!!! Keep the posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melinda! Such deep and beautiful thoughts. I am sure proud of you. Such a mature woman and mother and wife. I like the questions who ask about the review comments and how you apply them to your family! Great question about what our review would say if Heavenly Father wrote one for us. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List

The Macdonald Family 2009

The Macdonald Family 2009
A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!