Friday, January 30, 2009

A Beautiful Day


Today is a beautiful day!! Why you may ask? It's 50 deg, the sun in shinning, the kiddo's at school, seth napping all cozzy and warm, and me changing the lives of others.
Oddly enough the best thing I like about my job is the honesty of the environment. I can be a tough cookie in a meeting and what you don't hear afterwards is "wow, you were a jerk or your not a team player" instead wow Melinda I LOVE YOUR PASSION!! And yes my fine fellow friends I am a VERY PASSIONATE PERSON!!
Isn't wonderful to look around and feeel the sun shining in your life. I love it!! I know you all do, I shared my secret about Lizzie's party Wednesday night with Jessica and when I got home last night I got a run down of all the things she was going to do so we would be ready!! My right arm for sure! And Seth is quick to say "what can I do to help?"
Again bright shiney moments! It's about the little things. A quick smile, a soft touch on the shoulder, the warmth of a hug, little things that can make all the dark yuckyness go away! Who would have thought it was so easy!
The other day I reflected on the unexpected, well we turned the corner on that one and the thrill and excitement of change has invigorated by excitment for 2009!! I have a great team of executives and 175 team members that are counting on me to do my best and be my best everyday!!
Economy is tough, lots of tough stuff going on in the lives of so many people. Hours cut back, lay offs, pay cuts......it just keeps going!! Who gets them through all that...me and you!! That's who!
You can be a difference maker...if you think its bad I can tell you others are having it much tougher. I have a home to live in (small and very full) but a home not a house made of bricks and mortor and wood but a home full of love, compassion and selfless service. How cool is that?? Be grateful is the message of the day! I am!
I get to do what I love and I KICK BUTT at it!! I build successful teams, I motivate people to achieve well more than they are capable off, I help others see more than they could see yesterday and understand better why they do the things they do!! Not to say that the challenges I will face again this year won't at times seem insurmountable but guess what? I am never alone!! Again, how cool is that!
"I'll walk with you, I'll talk with you, that's how I'll show my love for you!" Again a promise from our Heavenly Father we are never alone!
I hope the sun shines on each of you and if it seems dark and cloudy hug someone!! It always makes me feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Melinda you are truly an inspiration. Wow what powerful statements you make about being happy with the simple things of life. Keep it up girl and I am so happy that you love what you do. We are excited to see you in just a couple of days for Kyles baptism. Yeah see you soon Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List

The Macdonald Family 2009

The Macdonald Family 2009
A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!