Sunday, January 3, 2010

Glipse of Heavens Door


Seth and I teach primary and today we had the blessing of teaching 21 nine, ten and eleven year old children. When you think about the Old Testament your head begins to spin. I know mine did as I thought about the blessing of serving as a teacher in the primary. The opportunity to teach the youngest, purest, bravest and strongest spirits the truth. 
WHAT A BLESSING!
We began by playing jeopardy and getting the children to get into the scriptures. It required them working together as a team to find the scriptures. The first team to have 3 children that found the scripture would have the opportunity to answer the questions. The foundations of what we were learning were founded on the PLAN of SALVATION. 
  • Where did we come from?    
  • Why are we here?  
  • Where are we going?
And as we spoke it all became clear.  We are children of a Father in Heaven who loves us, while in heaven with our Father and Jesus Christ we choose to follow his plan which allows for us to come unto him; receive a body and experience free agency. Some say "so what?" I say "so that we have a chance to be perfected through him, to experience pain, true joy, anguish, unconditional love, sadness, and bliss. But through it all the goal in life is to return home to our father in heaven and bring as many of our brothers and sisters along with us.  
As a young executive for Target I was asked what I wanted to accomplish? My response was always the same to enhance my leadership and be a better person and help as many others do the same so they might be able to reach their full potential. The best part about it is we ARE NEVER ALONE and are not expected to do it alone.



"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly of heart and ye shall find rest unto your soul." 

From the Book of Matthew these words resonate throughout my mind daily. We all have a goal, we have a common goal and we know what is required to be like our father. It is our job to bring as many of our brothers and sisters with us throughout the world. We can do it in the smallest and simplest of ways, to some it is sharing your testimony, others a small act of kindness, a service to a friend. a smile to someone to brighten their day, giving a Book of Mormon, inviting to church or other activity, sharing fundamental principle in those frequent life discussion that arise at work. The list is endless. It starts at home with our children.  I am by no means a expert on the matter but as one of those searching and striving every day to bring the spirit into my heart and into my home. I fall and pick myself up again, I am a frequent partaker of the atonement for which is the greatest of all the gifts I have ever received. But at the end of the day I AM A FIGHTER. Throughout this year I will have the blessing to serve and to learn with the purest and strongest of the youth of the church, I am so thankful. Remember at all times we can "Come Unto Him".  He will lift us, carry us, walk beside us, listen to us....again he will play whatever role we want him to. All we have to do is think of him and ask. I am blessed with 4 beautiful children, the love of my life, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. For all this I am truly grateful. REMEMBER....JUST REMEMBER, one day at a time its a long a windy road which leads to true joy and everlasting happiness!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Melinda! I miss being close to you and learning from you! You need to post more often so I can learn more. You're the best!

    It looks like you had a great Christmas and New Years! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful thoughtful entry. It sounds like you certainly are magnifying your calling and touching the lives of many impressionable minds. It warms my heart. I hope jessica continues to improve we love her and Zach and Kyle and Lizzie so much. Love Nana and Opa

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List

The Macdonald Family 2009

The Macdonald Family 2009
A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!