Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jessica's BIG DAY

The day arrived when Jessica would take drastic steps to to able to hear the ferret bells in the kitchen from her room, as well as many other wonderful sounds of life. The night before Jessica asked her dad for a blessing to calm her fears. She rested peacefully and awoke starving, yet she could not eat or drink till after the surgery. Anticipation and nerves were enhanced the week between Christmas and New Years as we headed to the Trinity Mother Frances surgical center. She was headed into multiple surgeries, tonsil and adenoid removal, bisection of both sinuses, and tubes put in her ears. This was in effort to return her hearing to normal and stop the snoring the endless snoring! She will likely be so embarrassed when she reads that her mom posted this. Oh well, as usual that is what Mom's are for.


"I am nervous! I was super brave as I got my first I.V. My mom sat by me the whole time holding my hand."

We waited for what seemed like hours for the doctor to arrive. Everyone kept trying to talk to Jessica and they were being so private and quiet and what was baffling the most was that Jessica could not hear anything they were saying, so she would look up at me and raise her eye brows "what?" I would remind each person you have to speak up she can not hear you, you have to "SPEAK LOUDER". They would laugh and move on.  Jessica and I laughed at them, and enjoyed reading her Nana and Opa's recent blog update on their trip to New Zealand which made time pass quickly. The doctor finally arrive and at 1:25pm she was taken back into surgery.
I sat out in the waiting room and nearly used up all the battery life in my phone as I responded to many sweet notes from family and friends to keep them up to date on what was happening. Then at about 3:15pm they took me back to see her in recovery. She was out of it and anxious for her Popsicle so we could go home. Finally about 4:45 we got dressed and headed home. I ran to the store after getting her settled to stock up on jello, pudding, sherbet, ice cream, popsicles and eggs. It was a great day for mom and daughter. I can say memories were made today that won't be soon forgotten. Jessica you were brave and strong. I was so proud of you today!

5 comments:

  1. so glad to hear everything went good!! It was great catching up on Christmas. We are praying for a speedy recovery. Love you guys Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad to hear that surgery went well. I hope she has a speedy recovery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Jessica's surgery went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that everything went well, it sounds like Jess and I have some similar struggles in life...but I am glad that Jess is being so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica MacdonaldMay 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

    sometimes i kinda think that moms are there just to tell everybody every detail about ur life especially the most embarrassing ones but thats what moms are for i love u mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List

The Macdonald Family 2009

The Macdonald Family 2009
A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!