Wednesday, October 7, 2009

LOST!!

So the Macdonald family are rockin and rollin these days. More to do every day and not enough hours. Yesterday we have a spiritual moment at the house when for 3 days we have been frantically searching for Jessica's phone.
Lost:
Yes, LOST In the great abyss. Finally mother and daughter talked and walked backwords through saturday's events. Every detail being accounted for desperately trying to spark an interest. We talked about prayer. Did you pray? Did you listen? What did you hear? "Got nothing was the response" from the child. The wise mother then spoke so "my child how does one listen? What does that look like?" The child was convinced it should be so simple. But alas it is not. For listening requires faith, and follow through! "Faith and follow through, really! But I did and got nothing".
The wise mothers begins a prayer in her heart, " Heavenly Father it has been three days. My days are long and my mind is weary being weighed down by the burdens or life, work and motherhood. I need your help, I can not do this alone. It requires more than I can handle. Please help, I promise to listen and to follow through."
The mother continues her nightly ritual on the elliptical and a reminder comes to mind that she must make her daughter bed before it gets too late. So off she goes digging into the closet in the bathroom. As she digs she thinks about how many towels and blankets are stuffed in this closet and did not remember having so many the last time she looked. She thinks wouldn't it be crazy if the phone were in here. So she digs and digs. She lifts blanket after blanket and then what does she behold but the phone. Yes the very phone LOST in the abyss.
The mother in all her pride goes and tosses the phone of the bed and says, "you just have to listen, the answers will come and you must have faith." The children gather around and can't believe the magic that they just witnessed. A young brother says, " It's like MAGIC"
The wise mother reminds her young family. Its about asking, listening and follow through! It is MAGIC!! A very special magic!

Another day in the life of our little family. So many blessings and miracles. So many learning moments to gleam and so many opportunities to teach! I am a mother and teacher by the gift of God. I live to teach, love and learn!
What a blessing it is!

4 comments:

  1. Love the post! It was inspiring! I needed some uplifting motivation to help me keep a clear vision of why I am a mother. So many distractions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Melinda you are an amazing example to your beautiful children that I love soooo dearly. Keep teaching those spiritual lessons they will travel with them and you into eternity. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great example for the kids! Praying and having faith is always something that I need to be reminded of. Glad you found the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, if we all only took the time to listen! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List

The Macdonald Family 2009

The Macdonald Family 2009
A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!